Women Backing Women National Conference 2023
This conference is organised by UKBAA in partnership with the Women Angel Investment Task Force and the Women Backing Women campaign.
- The Women Backing Women campaign was set up in January 2022 with a mission to identify, educate and empower many more women to use their experience and spare financial capacity to invest in women founders and support their journey from start-up to successful scale-up.
- The event will offer an opportunity to share experience and insights on what has been achieved so far – and what more can be done in the year ahead to move the needle from the existing 14% women angels to at least 30% of women angel investors in the total Business Angel population here in the UK.
Those attending will hear about:
- Women Angel investors who are taking leadership across the regions and devolved nations to back women founders, building and growing angel investment syndicates and establishing thriving female focused investment ecosystems.
- The role and opportunities for Women Angels to back female founders who are creating ground-breaking solutions to pressing social and global issues – and we will hear how women innovators in science, research and technology are benefitting from access to women investors.
- Insights on policy developments, research and market developments , hearing from Government, industry experts and investors who will look at latest data and trends that are impacting the landscape for women investment.
- Finally, we will have an audience debate, drawing on the views and ideas of those attending on what further actions we need to take and what further measures and changes are needed to enable women angel investing to further grow and thrive across the UK in 2024.
Take a look at the agenda and find out more about the event at https://ukbaa.org.uk/our-programmes/women-backing-women/women-backing-women-national-conference-2023/