How Early-Stage Investment Works
This 5-hour course is designed for anyone who supports a community of entrepreneurs and wants to help them with raising investment. The course will guide you through the basics of early-stage investing and how it works.
From this course, you will have a better understanding of:
- The broader investment ecosystem and how it fits in with the growth journey of a startup.
- The different sources of investment and how they work, including Angel and VC.
- What a startup should look like in order to attract funding.
- The key practical steps a founder should take to attract investment.
- Some practical signposts you can give founders to go and find the investors they need.
Who is this course for?
Anyone that looks after a community of founders, or engages with founders on a regular basis, including:
- Accelerator programme managers.
- Councils or LEPs that operate founder-facing programmes.
- Corporates that have a service offering for early stage founders.
- Public-sector organisations that want a clearer understanding of early-stage equity.
The course costs £595 (+VAT) per ticket but UKBAA members get a discount of £200 per ticket. To access the discount code, UKBAA members should login.
This course is also running on 20th November 2023. Find out more.