A-Z of Angel Investing
This workshop explores everything from what it means to be an Angel Investor to building a diverse, successful portfolio of early stage investments.
Dorset Business Angels (DBA) offer this free to attend, online event, as part of our Encouraging More Women into Angel Investing initiative. A UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA) backed program to educate and increase awareness of angel investing to women.
The proportion of women angel investors is very low compared to their male counterparts and there is a vital untapped source of equity finance to support the growth of entrepreneurs, especially women entrepreneurs.
The concept of a dedicated national or regional level forum for women offering peer to peer support and exchanging experiences on angel investing is felt by many to be more useful than encouraging women-only investing groups.
DBA is partnering with UKBAA to deliver the A-Z of Angel Investing. Jenny Tooth OBE, CEO of UKBAA will present the online webinar on May 18th, starting at 10.00AM GMT.
Aims of the event:
- Provide an overview of angel funding
- Discuss what to look for in a pitch
- Talk about building your investment strategy
- Explain the risk awareness journey – the point being, this is a considered business process
- Review your opportunities and challenges as a female investor
Who is this event suitable for?
This event is for women who would like to understand more about angel investing. Those looking to take their first steps or to affirm what they have learnt so far.
The webinar is a step in the process of encouraging more women into angel investing. The path to angel investing for women (who are more risk aware than men), highlights where support from professional bodies and further due diligence will be required.
The process works equally well for all risk aware investors and is one that has evolved with regulation, better research and professional support.
- We will fully support women in their journey towards angel investment.
- We will provide a comfortable and welcoming environment to all members.
- We will increase understanding among members about how women and men might differ in their angel investing approach.
- We will ensure a balanced representation of pitches that are appealing to all members.
What happens after the event?
Attendees of the event who would like to know more about Dorset Business Angels as an angel investment organisation will be invited to meet with members of the team on an informal basis for a Q&A session.
Following that, it is our intention to hold an online Female Focus Pitch Event – women entrepreneurs pitching to women investors where, supported by some of our core existing and experienced members, attendees of the A-Z event may attend and take their first steps towards Angel Investing.