UKBAA is looking for an ambitious Events Coordinator to join the team
We’re looking for an ambitious Events Coordinator to join our team who has the experience to help deliver our annual event programme for UKBAA and external partners, while also driving new ideas from concept to completion.
We are the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), the national trade body for angel and early-stage investing. We work with early-stage investors as well as start-ups and scale-ups to:
- Improve connectivity in our industry by holding multiple flagship events throughout the year.
- Support our industry with training and awareness workshops, best-practice guides, an e-learning course and face-to-face support.
- Protect and represent our community through national research projects, working groups, round tables and responses to key government white papers.
We work with over 220 member organisations including angel groups, VCs, accelerators, crowdfunding platforms, corporates, universities, science parks and government bodies. We also work closely with a number of major corporates and partners to further the goals of our ecosystem.
Your role will involve:
- Working with the events manager to organise our key flagship events including an awards gala dinner, a series of educational webinars, online and in-person conferences.
- Supporting the logistics behind our partner events that including pitching events, educational webinars and networking events.
- Develop event and marketing partnerships with key organisations to help us build profile and awareness.
- Support all event logistics, from speaker management and venue finding to copywriting for marketing materials.
- Develop key event marketing assets including awareness-raising campaigns, websites and social campaigns etc.
We’d like someone with ambition, drive and who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to bring innovation to their work. You will be working within a company of just 7 employees so must be willing to take on ad-hoc jobs outside your job role. You work well in a team & on your own, and are great at working with people.
You must have:
- Event management experience organising a variety of events.
- Experience of organising online webinars.
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- The ability to engage and sell to our key partners and new audiences.
- Excellent research skills for sourcing speakers, delegates and potential new projects.
- Excellent attention to detail.
A bonus would be:
- Knowledge of the start-up, scale-up or early-stage investment industries.
- London based with the ability to work remotely, plus travel when needed
- 37.5 hours per week (9-5.30)
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Salary £25,000 – £30,0000
To apply send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org