Innovate UK’s open programme: apply for business funding
Business can apply for a share of £15 million to support development of new products and services in any technology or industrial area.
Innovate UK has up to £15 million to support the best business-led and innovative ideas for new products, processes and services.
Ideas can come from any technology, engineering or industrial area. They can fit in with Innovate UK’s four priority sectors for growth – emerging and enabling technologies, health and life sciences, infastructure systems, and manufacturing and materials – or be outside them.
Proposals must be transformational or disruptive innovation and must have a clear commercial impact and potential for return on investment.
Projects that are likely to lead to a sustainable growth in productivity or access to new overseas markets will be given priority.
This competition is the second of two annual Innovate UK open competitions that support good ideas with market potential from any technology area.
Competition information (open programme)
- the competition is open, and the deadline for registration is at noon on 1 February 2017
- projects must be led by a business either working alone or with partners
- funding is available for a wide range of projects from proof of concept to prototypes and demonstration
- total project costs can range from £25,000 to £1 million depending on the type of project, and projects can last between 6 and 36 months
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their eligible costs, depending on their size and the type of project
- a briefing event for applicants will be held on 8 December 2016