Job Vacancy – Programme Manager, London/online, £25k-£30k
We are the UK Business Angels Association (UKBAA), the national trade body for angel and early stage investing. We work with start-ups, scale ups, VCs, angels and corporates to make the UK one of the best places in the world to invest in, or start, a high-potential, fast-growth business.
We look after over 650 members from across the UK. including leading venture capital firms, super-angels, accelerators and many more.
We run 50 events every single year from big conferences and awards gala dinners to intimate roundtables and pitching events, both online and offline.
And finally, working alongside government, leading corporates and award-winning accelerators, we deliver bespoke programmes that increase investment into exceptional entrepreneurs, propel finance in the regions and promote diversity and inclusion for a stronger future of investment.
Our programmes all centre on creating a sustainable investment ecosystem, where budding networks of investors thrive and finance into innovation creates a direct avenue to growth. They include both private and public sector programmes like:
- The Mayor of London’s TechInvest programme which has helped entrepreneurs secure £137m in just a few years.
- The Creative England Evolve programme which works with budding CreaTech founders on one hand and the investor community on the other to improve awareness and access to investment.
- The Royal Society of Chemistry’s Investment Catalyst programme which works with chemistry IP businesses to give them pitch training and investor access.
We’re looking for an ambitious Programme Manager to join our team and take ownership of some of our existing programmes, but also put your own stamp on new programmes that arise.
As a Programme Manager, it’s down to you to make sure we deliver a successful programme, hitting and exceeding any agreed KPIs and working with all external partners.
You’ll be comfortable and confident working with leading industry figures and be excited by the opportunity to shape new programmes with new partners and to help build out the UKBAA’s core delivery capabilities.
You won’t be doing it alone, you’ll have support from the wider UKBAA team and also our Head of Programmes too.
Your role will involve:
- Taking ownership or acting as a support for our key Programmes, see https://www.ukbaa.org.uk/our-programmes/
- Develop marketing partnerships with key organisations to help us build profile and awareness of our work.
- Manage programme logistics.
- Develop key marketing assets including awareness raising campaigns, websites and social campaigns etc.
We’d like someone with ambition, drive and who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to bring innovation to their work. You’re good in a team and on your own too and great working with people.
You must have:
- Experience or knowledge of the venture or startup ecosyem
- Experience in working on or delivering programmes in the startup or venture industy
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- The ability to engage and sell to key partners and new audiences
- Excellent research skills for sourcing speakers, delegates and potential new projects
- Budget management experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- London base (chancery Lane) plus travel when needed, though online for the foreseeable future ☹.
- 37.5 hours per week (9-5.30)
- £25K – £30K salary depending on experience
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Step 1: Complete the application form on the link below, including your CV and a cover letter.
- Step 2: If successful, we’ll organise a 30-minute zoom call to get to know you a little and explain the role.
- Step 3: You may then be asked to create a mock-project plan or share some examples of your previous work. We’ll then go through it all with you in an hour-long zoom call.
- Step 4: Final zoom call with the CEO.
- Step 5: Job offer.
UKBAA is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applicants. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. Our intention is to enable all staff to work in an environment which allows them to fulfil their potential without fear of discrimination.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com. No agencies please.