Angels@Essex Investment Readiness Webinar – VC’s V Angel Investors presented by MICHAEL BERGER BDO
University of Essex – Enterprise Zone – Space to Grow – Investment Readiness Webinar –
VC’s V Angel Investors
15th September 2020 2-3pm
MICHAEL BERGER Senior Manager, Growth Advisory BDO London – Baker Street
For nearly a decade, Mike has worked with SME companies in various capacities, with the latter half of these years spent focusing on growth companies and advising on their acquisition and funding strategies via both debt and equity.
A Chartered Accountant and qualified Business Finance Professional, Mike has also held Trustee and Non-Executive Director positions with Charities and Technology companies.
Mike’s team, Growth Advisory, is led by an ex-Private Equity investor and partners with ambitious management teams with disruptive or innovative businesses looking to raise up to £10m. They look at opportunities with an investor lens and hold close connections with the VC, PE and Debt funds.
Today’s webinar focuses on entrepreneurs with innovative and market disruptive ideas that seek investment, covering topics such as;
- Typical level of investment (£25k-£2m)
- Valuation expectations (likely to vary between angels and VCs, noting many Angels have a minimum %)
- Assessing the market size (important to any investor)
- Level of involvement (board seats, introductions)
- Restrictive terms
- Funding types available ((S)EIS, unrestricted, CLNs)
- Route to the investors (pitch events, awards, incubators, cold and warm introductions)
- Why doesn’t everyone just watch and apply through Dragon’s Den?
And forms one of a series of webinars in the Investment Readiness programme of support for growing businesses.