Angel Academe North: Unlocking Women as Angel Investors
Angel Academe are delighted to welcome you to Angel Academe North.
We’re calling it “Unlocking Women as Angel Investors” because, as you may know, despite controlling 47% of the UK’s net wealth, women account for only 14% of angel investors. That’s less than 1 in 7!
At Angel Academe we’re changing that. We’re raising awareness of angel investing with successful women who have an appetite for educated risk and and a desire to do something useful and stimulating with a modest proportion of their hard-earned money. Through mentoring, education and collaboration with experienced angels, we help members pool their money, expertise and resources to perform due diligence and build a portfolio of smart investments over time.
Defying the cliches that women are “risk-averse”, “lack confidence”, “do due diligence to death” and only “start niche businesses”, Angel Academe has been operating successfully in London for nearly 3 years and its mainly (but not only) female members have made 10 investments in women-led high-growth tech start-ups to date.
I’m really excited to be bringing Angel Academe to the North where I’ve lived and worked all my life because I firmly believe there’s a wealth of opportunity here. You’re receiving this invitation because we think you may be interested in angel investing or supporting Angel Academe North in some way.
Who should attend:
- Experienced angel investors especially women (although we welcome men who share our vision!)
- High Net Worth women who would like to understand more about angel investing
- Networks or firms with High Net Worth women amonst their membership or client base
- Partners who may be interested in sponsoring or supporting us in some way
- Meet other experienced angel investors
- Learn about the benefits of angel investing and how to get started
- Hear about partnership and sponsorship opportunities
- Jenny Tooth OBE, CEO of UK Business Angels Association and angel investor
- Sarah Turner, Founder of Angel Academe and angel investor
There are only 30 places for this event and they’ll be allocated on a first come first served basis, so please book early.
Please note: this event is specifically for experienced or potential angel investors and organisations who can support us. We aren’t inviting entrepreneurs interesting in raising funding to this event, but will be running other events in the near future to connect entrepreneurs with our investors from both the north and south of the country..
If you have any questions, please drop me a line.
Gaynor Dykes, Angel Academe North